History Check Please

Jaguar F-Type Order Forum
acull2000

Post by acull2000 »

@SimpleR - would be great if you are able to please provide any/ all possible history on KS22 OGU, which I've deposit down on and due to pick up in a couple of weeks. Thank you!
Aspiring to my first F-type as a bit of a comforting luxury to commiserate another loss :idea:

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Cannot find much on it.

Car 80638, Bluefire R, ran by Jaguar via C Walton. Usage unknown. Was returned to factory after 15 months for servicing in October 2023 and currently SORN. Number of owners unknown.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
acull2000

Post by acull2000 »

Great, thanks simpleR! I will assume it’s an ex-JLR management car (run out of Bruntingthorpe) and sat still since being returned in October 23! Appreciate your lookup to avoid any nasties 👍
Aspiring to my first F-type as a bit of a comforting luxury to commiserate another loss :idea:
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

acull2000 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:08 pm Great, thanks simpleR! I will assume it’s an ex-JLR management car (run out of Bruntingthorpe) and sat still since being returned in October 23! Appreciate your lookup to avoid any nasties 👍
Hey,
I’m guessing the car is at dealer ship due to its age ? I learnt a bit during my search for F type, mainly from simpleR doing his thing and offering advice.
To help identify this as an ex management car two checks you can do:-
1/ ask if the car is VAT qualifying, ( VAT qualifying car will be from No. 2 below)
2/ ask to see the back office paperwork it says on there if management car and actually tells you VAT qualifying yes/no ( management car will be from No. 3 below)

I understand from simpleR 3 types of car come from JLR (sold at closed auction)
1) Ex corporate fleet possible rental or fleet car available to JLR partners - possible multiple users
2) Ex Jaguar internal fleet, allocated to a fleet available to JLR customers and partners - possible multiple users
3) Ex Jaguar management JLR car allocated to employee - single user

Check my recent post about ‘24 month service cost a dealer’ on page 2 SimpleR has expanded details on the above 3 options and good advice on what to check / look out for.

The one I’m picking up on Saturday was ex management car, not VAT qualifying (both confirmed by back office paperwork) and serviced at Synter Bristol all be it 2 months over the 12 month service schedule :roll:

IMO it is worth checking and doing some home work, a F type was highlighted during my search as being car from No. 2 above it was a P575 and was previously used as experience day car I think SimpleR posted picture of car at the experience day for me not a car I would want given where they started lift.
P450 Firenze Red 8-) MY 2022/23 no mods yet ;)
acull2000

Post by acull2000 »

Thanks Billymcmred. Dealer have confirmed it is not VAT qualifying which I will take as proof it's not from group 2 above :D

Went in and took another good look over it again on Monday and no road rash/ stone chips behind wheel arches and it's on original tyres with reasonable tread and no disc scoring, all good indications it's not been abused.

It's missing a couple of badges but I understand this is part of dealers responsibility to correct (I've asked but they've yet to confirm this).

The advert I'd been given included drive away insurance (which is apparently no longer offered on approved used Jaguar), which although not worth that much, meant I could not collect on Wednesday as planned which is a real bummer as I now have to wait until next month for an available date. Not that the car was actually even going to be ready given it was still far from prepped on Monday! For my efforts I also learned the price I was given did not include VED and that would be on top :(

Bit annoyed with the above and really think dealer should be offering to throw in 2nd service and/or 2nd year warranty (quoted £732) but so far they're refusing point blank :shock:
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Any advertised car price never does include the VED? You have the remaining 15 months new car warranty unless you’re paying over the odds for the car why would you expect a further year and a service thrown in? If you are paying over would suggest you press for a reduction. Although when I tried the same with one Jag dealer they wouldn’t budge 🙄 So I went elsewhere 😈
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

MikeM wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:06 am Any advertised car price never does include the VED? You have the remaining 15 months new car warranty unless you’re paying over the odds for the car why would you expect a further year and a service thrown in? If you are paying over would suggest you press for a reduction. Although when I tried the same with one Jag dealer they wouldn’t budge 🙄 So I went elsewhere 😈
Fully agree as all cars sold are plus VED. Dealers don’t profit from it and apply it only at the point of sale.
Given you’ve paid a deposit you’ve done your negotiation, so unless the advert specified inclusion I’m not sure why you feel grieved to not receive a free service of extended warranty.
I can however see your frustration if an included insurance was not available, but not sure why not to simply switch or add your existing car policy. All policies I’ve had allow an overlap to cover this.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

acull2000 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:55 pm Thanks Billymcmred. Dealer have confirmed it is not VAT qualifying which I will take as proof it's not from group 2 above :D

Went in and took another good look over it again on Monday and no road rash/ stone chips behind wheel arches and it's on original tyres with reasonable tread and no disc scoring, all good indications it's not been abused.

It's missing a couple of badges but I understand this is part of dealers responsibility to correct (I've asked but they've yet to confirm this).

The advert I'd been given included drive away insurance (which is apparently no longer offered on approved used Jaguar), which although not worth that much, meant I could not collect on Wednesday as planned which is a real bummer as I now have to wait until next month for an available date. Not that the car was actually even going to be ready given it was still far from prepped on Monday! For my efforts I also learned the price I was given did not include VED and that would be on top :(

Bit annoyed with the above and really think dealer should be offering to throw in 2nd service and/or 2nd year warranty (quoted £732) but so far they're refusing point blank :shock:
Again from what I learnt during my search they will service car if it’s due in next 3 months (possibly 100 days) I think that’s part of being able to sell as ‘approved used’ scheme, mine was right on limit of 3 months but was actually serviced late on first service and then only done couple of thousand miles so if dealer had serviced would have been too soon I managed to negotiate cost of service off price I had no luck with extended warranty but was quoted £816 but I can get that near time manufacture warranty expires
Good luck with car 😊
acull2000

Post by acull2000 »

Some fair points, but to give some explanation:

Price
In this instance there was no negotiation on price as the car is being sold under the 'Privilege' (employee) scheme, where a discount is supposed to be baked into the price (which is non-negotiable). For context - the Privilege discount on a new F-type is currently 20% (however they can't be ordered to spec now, and none of the three unregistered cars were suitable spec).

I paid a (refundable) deposit on the first day the car was offered to reserve the car but haven't been asked to signed any contract yet. Having researched, there isn't really any discernible discount when compared to other vehicles of similar pedigree (spec, mileage, age). Given the price was not negotiable, I was hopeful that the 2nd year warranty could be included to sweeten the deal, however the dealer doesn't see it that way as they refuse to consider the many (better priced) 'verts (which had a higher original list price) in their comparison, and there are not many comparable coupes.

Service History
Further to that, despite being told the car had full and complete service history, I found out via the dealer (after paying the deposit) that the first service was missed by just over 3 months, so whilst not of great technical concern, is out of line with manufacturer's schedule and thus (in my eyes at least) devalues the car. In fact, the approved used standards state:

Approved used stds.JPG

Instead of insisting on a (premature) service now, I thought a nice way to counter this would be to include the second dealer service down the line - especially as when I now pick the car up, it will technically be within 3 months of it's second anniversary (ie second service), but since the first service was late, this pushes the second service back to the point where it will be due not many months after I take ownership.

Insurance
The challenge on insurance is that my NCD can't be transferred from my current policy (under which this car can't be insured) until a few days time, at which point there isn't another slot me and dealer are both available until next month. With the advertised drive away insurance I'd planned to bridge this and would have collected the car this week, but instead had to pay an extended deposit to even get dealer not to revoke the purchase :? It's not the end of the world but has meant I don't have the car for a couple of trips (one a rare opportunity) that I expected to have it for and it would have been great to use it for.

VED
This is on me, but for good reason (as it's not true that all cars are sold +VED);
- those of us old enough to remember (before the 2014 road tax changes), road tax used to remain with the car and thus transfer to the new owner.
- the only vehicle I have bought since 2014 was from new (where the EU regulation has it that the advertised ticket price is the "On The Road" price which includes VED), so my brain is still wired to the old system, and nothing in the way this car was marketed drew me to the fact that VED was payable on top, so it's made the cost higher than I'd though (by about the price of a service or second year of warranty) :p
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

I would consider continuing to push for service, the service interval is 16,000 miles or 12 months, 32,000 miles or 24 months which ever comes first it doesn’t say 12 months from last service, I quoted this to dealer as I mentioned before mine was serviced 2 months late dealer was say service due 12 months from last service, I got price of service off price of car

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post