Newbie to the Jag club.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Reubens

Post by Reubens »

After a couple years of admiration, I finally decided on the Ftype V8 R. Loving it so far. Managed to get a 2016 model with 22000 km on the clock. Car still feels new, obviously being garaged most of its life. I got it with aftermarket wheels. 21 inch so it looks good, drive can be somewhat harsh. Might change this in future. Picked up a slight body panel misalignment on the right light side body panel. Will have that check out soon. Anyway good to share in my experience and learn from yours.

Reubens

Post by Reubens »

IMG_8326.jpeg

IMG_8328.jpeg

IMG_8320.jpeg

6d031e84-3b9d-4395-9441-b0dfc80c61e5.jpeg

IMG_8425.jpeg

IMG_8798.jpeg

scm

Post by scm »

Welcome to the club! You need to get some centre caps for those wheels, though ... and align them correctly (growler's chin pointing to the valve!). :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
JKFTYPE

Post by JKFTYPE »

Welcome from a relative newbie!
Lovely car there, very nice.
The wheels do look huge, I'm sure it'd still look well proportioned if you were to reduce the alloy wheel diameter to try to get a better ride quality.

I'm on 19" centrifuges and I must say, although this is highly subjective, I have no gripes about ride quality at all with those.
Reubens

Post by Reubens »

Thanks guys. I’ll get onto those centre caps.
They come out with 20 inch I think. The handling is fine just the ride can be a little hard. Good to be on here 🙏🏽
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

Welcome! I am sure those wheels will be fine as your roads can't be as atrocious as ours...
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Congrats, that's a great looking car in a great spec. Nice that it's RWD too. The wheels actually look great. Most aftermarket wheels I've seen fitted to the F-Type have looked worse than the OEM wheels but these suit the car really well. It will still look brilliant if you downsize to 20".

An interesting detail is that it has the better "shrouded" bonnet vents which I thought only came with black pack cars. Maybe the previous owner upgraded them.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post