New to forum and would like advice please

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
pirateprentice

Post by pirateprentice »

Hi Andrew,

I was in a similar situation to you a while ago, and bought a P300 coupe which I've had for a couple of months now (so I can't really comment on running costs).
When you buy one, I predict that you'll love it so much you won't bother about the exact spec. But, a few thoughts anyway...

Engine - I havn't driven a V6, I know if I did I'd be smitten, probably by the sound most of all. I realise that with my i4 2.0 I'm not exactly enjoying The Real Thing.
That said, it's impressive what they have got out of 4 small pots. It's more than adequate for any 'normal' driving, and it makes a nice roar when you put your foot down ("exhaust values to Open").

Year - when I started to look I preferred the original body (with the slightly 'bug' eyes :D ), But the newer style looked great in dark green. Just be aware of the punitive tax rates on anything less than 5 years old.

Pano roof - I really like this a lot, but it wouldn't have been a deal breaker and I probably would not have missed it.

I have 20" wheels. Yes it's a firm ride, but less different than I expected to the 2011 Ford Focus that I use to drive to Lidl.

I regularly do 2-hour drives and it's good for that, makes the tedium of the M4 enjoyable.

Hope you find The One, you won't regret it.
MY21 P300 Coupe in British Racing Green with black-pack

Devcomm

Post by Devcomm »

Devcomm wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:43 am Hi I have a f type 3.0s AWD 2016 model and a water leak, I am looking for a decent mechanic that has experience on working on this model to maybe remove the supercharger if necessary. I am in North Devon, any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Dave
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Devcomm wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:34 pm
Devcomm wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:43 am Hi I have a f type 3.0s AWD 2016 model and a water leak, I am looking for a decent mechanic that has experience on working on this model to maybe remove the supercharger if necessary. I am in North Devon, any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks Dave
It might help if you start your own thread rather than jump on a completely unrelated one...
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
Andrew P

Post by Andrew P »

Thanks everyone for all of your time and help it’s been really useful
Dynamic Dek

Post by Dynamic Dek »

Great answer by Millwheel. The best option is the one you want.
The other responses have covered most of the considerations to take, my only additions are:-
As a daily driver I think the F-Type is fine if you are not often taking a passenger.
Although mine is mainly a weekend toy, I do enjoy taking it to work on "F Type Friday" and usually have my daughter as passenger.
With a pax there isn't much room for 'stuff', even for my sandwich box and any carry-on has to go in the usable boot space.
No biggie but if you are going for a test drive, maybe go with whatever you normally carry to work and see how / where it all fits.

Not sure if there are any models that don't have electric seats, but it's handy to move the seat to most rearward position when getting in / out if the door can't be opened fully.

F Type, the most desirable and exciting car I'll probably ever own, fantastic!
P450 21MY Firenze Red

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post