Ghost immobiliser

Anything F-Type related......
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

My F type I has finally arrived :D,

Question :- anyone using a Ghost immobiliser

IMG_3571.jpeg

P450 Firenze Red 8-) MY 2022/23 no mods yet ;)

Madlil

Post by Madlil »

I had one on my Audi S4 and I found it a pain in the @rse typing the code in every time. I changed it to a left right left right combo on the steering wheel buttons. Also having to tell my wife and servicing etc with a post it note on the steering wheel not good. IMO a decent steering wheel lock when parking in high risk areas is a better visual deterrent.

Beautiful car BTW!
2019 F Type Convertible P380 AWD Indus Silver
2023 Tesla Model Y
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

I have one and it is no problem at all other than remembering to leave the steering wheel the right way up to enter the sequence. You can put the ghost into service mode for when it goes for service and even though I keep telling my wife to have a drive ,she will not.
scm

Post by scm »

stickshift steve wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:23 pm... though I keep telling my wife to have a drive, she will not.
That sounds like a win! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Billymcmred wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:31 pm My F type I has finally arrived :D,
Very nice car 👍
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I have several on various cars of mine and in the family for several years.
Wouldn’t be without it. Discreet, car can only be taken on a trailer and no hassle to use.
You can control it on an app so as you enter the car with your phone and it deactivates automatically so no messing with codes. The app can be switched off at any time.
Service mode is a couple of button clicks.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Geetee68

Post by Geetee68 »

I had one fitted on mine in January. It’s very straightforward to use, and for peace of mind it was a no brainier for me personally. That said I am overly paranoid so also have a tracker.
P380 AWD Caldera Red 2019 MY
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

cj10jeeper wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:22 am I have several on various cars of mine and in the family for several years.
Wouldn’t be without it. Discreet, car can only be taken on a trailer and no hassle to use.
You can control it on an app so as you enter the car with your phone and it deactivates automatically so no messing with codes. The app can be switched off at any time.
I have had Ghost fitted, will investigate the app, tbh quite straight forward to use as is, not sure how I feel about he lack of anything telling any would be thieving scumbags a Ghost is fitted, I suppose it’s to stop them looking before trying to drive away they would have lost the quick element of there thieving I suppose
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

MikeM wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:50 pm
Billymcmred wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:31 pm My F type I has finally arrived :D,
Very nice car 👍
Thank you my dream car thought why not 🤷‍♂️ search for a few months for the spec I wanted 😊
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Billymcmred wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:55 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:22 am I have several on various cars of mine and in the family for several years.
will investigate the app, tbh quite straight forward to use as is, not sure how I feel about he lack of anything telling any would be thieving scumbags a Ghost is fitted, I suppose it’s to stop them looking before trying to drive away they would have lost the quick element of there thieving I suppose
The installers have always offered small silver stickers that go in the side windows.
I prefer that fact that even if they get the keys or clone them they’re going nowhere. Pointless telling them to bring a trailer
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post