Part Worn Tyre

Anything F-Type related......
Robbyrner

Post by Robbyrner »

Hello all,
Hit a very nasty pot hole on my way to Gatwick this morning and put a huge bulge in my front near side tyre, so changing both fronts.

I’ll keep hold of the other ‘good’ front tyre, so if anyone has a need for a front tyre (255/35Y20) Pirelli pzero with about 5mm of tread on it, I have one spare. As it’s only 1 I’m open to any sensible offer to get it off my hands, but I’d rather it went to someone than got shredded for carpet underlay!
2021 P450 5.0 V8 AWD in Santorini Black with all the fun stuff!

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Ouch! Not entirely related but how bad is the pothole situation in England? I occasionally toy with the idea of another little road trip up to the UK in my F-Type but keep getting put off by pot hole horror stories.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Robbyrner

Post by Robbyrner »

MajorTom wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:24 pm Ouch! Not entirely related but how bad is the pothole situation in England? I occasionally toy with the idea of another little road trip up to the UK in my F-Type but keep getting put off by pot hole horror stories.
It’s pretty rough to be honest, a lot of nasty holes on the edges of roads, particularly anywhere semi-rural. Motorways are generally ok, but A roads etc. are not great. I remember an article recently saying there were something like 700,000 potholes in the UK
2021 P450 5.0 V8 AWD in Santorini Black with all the fun stuff!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Robbyrner wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:56 pm Hello all,
Hit a very nasty pot hole on my way to Gatwick this morning and put a huge bulge in my front near side tyre, so changing both fronts.

I’ll keep hold of the other ‘good’ front tyre, so if anyone has a need for a front tyre (255/35Y20) Pirelli pzero with about 5mm of tread on it, I have one spare. As it’s only 1 I’m open to any sensible offer to get it off my hands, but I’d rather it went to someone than got shredded for carpet underlay!
Nasty situation. Same happened to me last week, front NS on 20" rim, but nearly new tyres so replaced only one.
Check that the rim is not deformed as if the side wall is impacted enough to break the structure the rim is likely dented. Decent tyre shop will quicky put the rim on the balancing machine and just rotate it by hand to check, ideally with a dial gauge. Can easily be straightened by wheel refurbishers, before wasting time fitting and balancing an eccentric rim.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Robbyrner wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:34 pm
MajorTom wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:24 pm Ouch! Not entirely related but how bad is the pothole situation in England? I occasionally toy with the idea of another little road trip up to the UK in my F-Type but keep getting put off by pot hole horror stories.
It’s pretty rough to be honest, a lot of nasty holes on the edges of roads, particularly anywhere semi-rural. Motorways are generally ok, but A roads etc. are not great. I remember an article recently saying there were something like 700,000 potholes in the UK
Hmm, good to know. Last time I drove up all my wheels survived although I spent most of the time on more or less rural A and B roads but I have to say those were the worst road conditions my F-Type ever experienced. Fingers crossed that the the situation somehow improves over time. There seem to be so many lovely places to drive in the UK.
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Jimmyrn85

Post by Jimmyrn85 »

MajorTom stay where you are! All those stunning routes in the Alps and Switzerland close by, the roads are a disgrace here. Plus the weather... We've had the wettest winter ever recorded I think?
2017 R
South East Cornwall
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

When you do venture out in the UK, you don't look ahead for hazards, you watch the road surface just in front of you.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

MajorTom wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:38 pm
Robbyrner wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:34 pm
Hmm, good to know. Last time I drove up all my wheels survived although I spent most of the time on more or less rural A and B roads but I have to say those were the worst road conditions my F-Type ever experienced. Fingers crossed that the the situation somehow improves over time. There seem to be so many lovely places to drive in the UK.
I’ve been lucky so far in the F-Type regarding potholes. I do tend to drive it on UK roads I know that are fairly good though.

Some others (including the OP) not so lucky.....

'Nigel Havers selling beloved E-Type over potholes scourge' https://uk.yahoo.com/news/nigel-havers- ... 18052.html

1.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Hmm, doesn't feel like there will be any drive up to the UK in the near future then. As Jimmy says there are so many other amazing places down here. Especially our local country side roads are mostly insanely good. Lovely views, no cameras, no traffic, zero potholes and a surface like a freshly paved French autoroute. I think I'll stick to my nearby go to roads like these... :)

367460_n.jpg

mos.jpg

That said if anyone is ever venturing down across the continent - seriously consider passing by Luxembourg and let me know for some tips on great drives. This place is possibly one of the least known driving paradises in the world.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Some very nice roads and scenery you have there. If I ever venture that way I’ll be asking for some tips on great drives!

Don’t be totally put off driving up to the UK in the near future. There are some good routes here and hopefully the prolonged wet weather we’ve been having will come to an end soon! Just a selection of some of the driving roads in the UK.... https://www.drivingforpleasure.co.uk/driving-roads/

I’ve never driven on it but I've included a video of the F-Type being driven through the Llanberis Pass, Snowdonia, North Wales.

Getting back directly on topic, hopefully someone will need the part worn tyre (with 5mm of tread on it) that the OP has for sale.

1.jpg

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views