Rubber stops beneath deployable spoiler, part number?

Technical Advice, Faults and How-To Information.
hulltigers

Post by hulltigers »

Hello all and thanks for a fantastic forum.
I have MY2017 Convertible, Premium, V6.
(2) of the (4) rubber stops/rest buttons beneath the deployable spoiler are missing.
They are located in the actuator housing assembly.
Jag schematics are unclear/non-specific as to which part numbers these would be.
After speaking with four different dealers I ordered C2P23636. The parts are nothing like the (2) existing stops.
Now I'm wondering if the existing ones are not OEM parts, just something someone stuck in there.
Any input or photos of similar parts from the same model would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler Stops Schematic.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Hi,

Great to hear your thoughts about the forum.

Have a look at this....https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/

If it's the ‘rubber buffers’ that you require, they are indeed part number C2P23636 which are shown as item number 5 in the diagram (I’ve also attached an image of the OEM part). If not, all the other part details are there.

The same rubber buffers (part number C2P23636) are on the underside of my Coupe rear deployable spoiler (two each side) and they are identical to that in the attached image.

Perhaps someone could provide a photo of the part in question on their Convertible for you to compare with?

1.png

2.png

2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid
hulltigers

Post by hulltigers »

Hi RPSN, thanks for your detailed response and for taking the time.

This remains a mystery to me. Would be great if someone could post a photo from a 2017 convertible of these items in place.

The schematic doesn't match my car, no cut-out for centre brake light and the (4) stops are shown in the wrong locations.

I'm thinking you got the part photo from the website. Would be great to know the actual diameter of the parts to see if they would fit the holes in my car.

It looks like they have a centre screw which would do a quarter turn to expand the plug when installed.

Bumper.jpg

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

I think I’ve sussed it out!

The parts that you require are for the Convertible ‘High mounted stop lamp’ and not the rear deployable spoiler. The Jaguar part number is TZR7802 (item number 3 'Bolt and washer - high mounted stop lamp') as shown in this link....
https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.co ... nd/jaguar/

Also see pic of the bolt and washer that I found online.

I’ve attached the TOPIx document which includes information on the four bolts and the sequence in which to remove and install them....
F-TYPE (X152) High Mounted Stoplamp - Folding Top - Removal and Installation.pdf
(315.25 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

1.png

2.png

3.png

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
hulltigers

Post by hulltigers »

Hello RPSN,

That's a great breakthrough, thanks for pursuing this one!

(item number 3 'Bolt and washer - high mounted stop lamp') are beneath item number 2 'bezel'.
They hold the 'high-mounted stop lamp' in place.

The details I need fit into the bezel and are not shown on the schematic.
I removed the bezel and took more photos, posted below. All (4) holes in the bezel are right on 5.00mm diameter.
There is no thread beneath the holes.

I'm starting to think the two existing plugs should be in the centre holes and there are different plugs for the 'square' outer holes.
Can't believe Jag would leave the square metal beneath the bezel exposed as shown in the one photo with the plug in/bezel removed.
The bezel snaps into place with I believe (5) plastic features on the underside, so the holes are not there to keep it in place.

As mentioned before, in the absence of the correct schematic, photos of a similar model year would be fantastic.

Thanks for your time and assistance with this!
EDIT: Added (2) pictures from a listing I found on ebay, shows rubber stops in center holes...

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

Ebay_2.jpg

Ebay_1.jpg

RPSN

Post by RPSN »

Ah, I assumed the four bolts were fitted through the bezel and into the high mounted stop lamp as the bolt holes spacing on the Jaguar diagram I posted seemed to be the same.

It does appear that the two existing rubber plugs you have should be in the centre holes of the bezel but not sure about the holes with a square section at each end of it?

Yes, there are five securing clips on the underside of the bezel as shown in the TOPIx document I posted. It maybe that the rubber plugs which fit into the topside of the bezel are there to help stop any vibration from the deployable spoiler? As I mentioned earlier, on the underside of the deployable spoiler (Coupe and Convertible) there are two rubber buffers (part number C2P23636) at each end which are for that purpose and they can be adjusted in or out if need be.

What we could do with here is for someone to post a pic of the parts in question from their Convertible. Alternatively, you could pop into your Jaguar dealership to show them what you need or maybe they have a Convertible there which you could have a look at?
Last edited by RPSN on Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
hulltigers

Post by hulltigers »

I went in to the local dealership and they ordered me the C2P23636 parts you mention. When they realized the parts were wrong they gave upon me!
I’ve made more progress with you than I did with them.
Good idea, if they have a convertible I need to have them deploy the spoiler.
Thanks again.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

👍

Doesn't sound like your dealership is up to much! Fingers crossed they’ll have a Convertible there for you to compare the parts.

Hopefully you'll get what you need, even if it's off ebay etc!
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

hulltigers wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm I'm starting to think the two existing plugs should be in the centre holes and there are different plugs for the 'square' outer holes.
Can't believe Jag would leave the square metal beneath the bezel exposed as shown in the one photo with the plug in/bezel removed.

As mentioned before, in the absence of the correct schematic, photos of a similar model year would be fantastic.
RPSN wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:28 pm What we could do with here is for someone to post a pic of the parts in question from their Convertible. Alternatively, you could pop into your Jaguar dealership to show them what you need or maybe they have a Convertible there which you could have a look at?
hulltigers wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:06 pm Good idea, if they have a convertible I need to have them deploy the spoiler.
Whilst I was recently in a club event I asked one of the members who has a F-Type Convertible if he could deploy the rear spoiler so I could take some pics of the rubber stops/plugs that you require and he kindly obliged. The four of them are exactly the same as you can see from the attached pics....

If you haven't already found out, I hope this helps.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Front Parking Aid
hulltigers

Post by hulltigers »

That is fantastic, thank you so much for remembering. I’d emailed quite a few people who had convertibles for sale. Also had my dealer contact Jag North America but absolutely no response.
This is great progress. I will contact Jag myself now to try and obtain a part number.
Happy motoring, Cheers!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post