Apple CarPlay - what apps do you use?

Anything F-Type related......
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

What Apple CarPlay apps do owners regularly use or recommend? For me it is:
1) Waze for sat nav - I use this on every journey mainly for live traffic info and good re-routing if traffic is bad (better than any in-built car satnav I’ve tried)
2) BBC sounds - good for radio 4 comedy on demand: Radio 4 = proof I’m getting old!
3) Amazon music HD - as well as endless music they also do podcasts which I’m only just discovering (some good car related podcasts to make sitting in M25 traffic jams more bearable)
4) WhatsApp - good for reading out messages and also for dictating messages (normally to tell wife I will be late home due to being stuck in traffic on M25)

How do you use Apple CarPlay (or android auto)? Any other apps worth giving a go?
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties

M42TYN

Post by M42TYN »

I've a Deezer subscription so that's my main Music App source. Radioplayer is great as you can listen to your fav local station no matter where you are in the country. And then the RingGo app for paying parking charges. Never got on with Waze, found it a bit laggy compared to inbuilt maps.
MY2016 V6S AWD - Convertible
Polaris White
kevc

Post by kevc »

Google maps and sometimes apple maps, apple podcasts and itunes. That's about all I need.
Bluefire P450 AWD Dec '21
davidls

Post by davidls »

Google maps if not using the inbuilt Nav.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
maksi

Post by maksi »

Waze and Spotify are my go to apps
davidls

Post by davidls »

Google Maps if not using the Jag nav. Use Waze sometimes just for the GPS speed. I find that Google maps updates traffic better than Waze as there are more users.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
paul.dodds

Post by paul.dodds »

Mostly Apple Music and maps, with messenger etc enabled still for notifications in case anything important comes through.
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

Google maps

WhatsApp - although that keeps repeating incoming messages which is really fristrating
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels
machasm

Post by machasm »

I use Spotify and google maps.
I wish that my garage door opener ‘BlueSecur’ would support CarPlay.
I believe someone has already asked the dev for this support but that was two years ago.
My23 P575 R No Mods
Madlil

Post by Madlil »

Worth noting that you can re arrange the order of apps in the CarPlay settings on the iPhone. I have all of my messaging, music and maps nicely organized on the first “page”
2019 F Type Convertible P380 AWD Indus Silver
2023 Tesla Model Y

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post