Opening the boot

Anything F-Type related......
JMTC

Post by JMTC »

I disconnected the battery and put the terminals together to reset everything in the hope the Satnav will stat working again.

It started raining and as a reflex action I shut the boot. The problem now is there is no way of opening it. The battery is disconnected but the terminals are touching so I can't even put power in via the points under the bonnet to relase the lock.

I have tried inserting the key in the drivers door but this does nothing. Apart from breaking the rear window glass I am at a loss on how to solve this problem

Car F type coupe 3.0 year 2014, owned since 2015
Any ideas thanks John

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I think some other people in this situation have lifted the luggage cover off it's pins and managed to pull the emergency release handle using a hook and pole.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

I’m trying to recall but isn’t there something behind the rear number plate that might help? Maybe the key goes in there…someone with more knowledge than me will know!
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
JMTC

Post by JMTC »

I have managed to get the rear shelf to move slightly and now have separated the terminals. I just need to wait for my wife to return so I can use her car to put power into the system and open the rear hatch.

It is lunacy that the car has no means of access in such a situation.

Despite this I am considering replacing it with a new one, it is such a great car, I have completed over 100,00 miles in it and apart from the injector issue, no problems buti t is starting to look shabby and the faulty Satnav may be a harbinger of things to come. A joy to drive, not a fortune to maintain and a car you can use on a daily basis.
CSGMART

Post by CSGMART »

JMTC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:31 pm I have managed to get the rear shelf to move slightly and now have separated the terminals. I just need to wait for my wife to return so I can use her car to put power into the system and open the rear hatch.

It is lunacy that the car has no means of access in such a situation.

Despite this I am considering replacing it with a new one, it is such a great car, I have completed over 100,00 miles in it and apart from the injector issue, no problems buti t is starting to look shabby and the faulty Satnav may be a harbinger of things to come. A joy to drive, not a fortune to maintain and a car you can use on a daily basis.
Go for it!
2018 V6 (380) F Type Convertible
Yulong White / Black Roof / Black Vents
Gyrodyne Wheels
scm

Post by scm »

JMTC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:31 pm I have managed to get the rear shelf to move slightly and now have separated the terminals.
I'm not convinced that the under bonnet terminals will be any good if there's no battery to complete the circuit. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, though!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
davidls

Post by davidls »

Remove the rear number plate, there is an access point behind it.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I thought, behind the number plate was just a proximity sensor to detect the key.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
davidls

Post by davidls »

There is a hole for the key on mine.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

As far as I’m aware, there’s no facility to open the boot with a key from behind the rear number plate and these threads seem to confirm it....

viewtopic.php?t=1253

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ost2532298

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ck-243869/

When the OP’s wife returns he should then be able to open the boot by using her car to put power into the system via the jump start connection points under the bonnet as explained here....viewtopic.php?t=4896

If for some reason this still doesn’t work, here’s the next option....viewtopic.php?p=77628#p77628
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post