Opening the boot

Anything F-Type related......
JMTC

Post by JMTC »

Delighted to confirm no battery connection necessary, car back up and running and all well except didn’t reboot satnav.

Another question, is there a fuse you can remove to stop the warning pedestrian safety system not working until I get round to replacing sensor (s)? If so the actual fuse gratefully received as no mention in manual

Elementad

Post by Elementad »

JMTC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm Delighted to confirm no battery connection necessary, car back up and running and all well except didn’t reboot satnav.

Another question, is there a fuse you can remove to stop the warning pedestrian safety system not working until I get round to replacing sensor (s)? If so the actual fuse gratefully received as no mention in manual
What’s the problem with your Sat nav?
F Type R AWD coupe
(Previous car) F Type V6S convertible
RPSN

Post by RPSN »

JMTC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm Delighted to confirm no battery connection necessary, car back up and running and all well except didn’t reboot satnav.

Good to hear the car’s back up and running. Which method did you use to get the boot open and reconnect the main battery terminals?

The 2016 F-Type luggage compartment fuse box contains fuse number F4 10A Red which is for the digital radio and navigation system. If it’s the same for your 2014 car it could be worth checking?

With regards to temporarily stopping the warning....'pedestrian safety system not working', that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. I'm not sure if your car is the same but the 2016 F-Type passenger side foot-well fuse box contains these fuses which may be related?.....
Fuse F21 10A Red - Passenger airbag disable lamp (overhead console)
Fuse F56 10A Red - Restraint control module (do not remove this fuse as the restraint control module has several important safety functions including crash detection and recording, airbag and pretensioner firing, supply of data for the anti-lock brake system, etc)

In your original post you said....
JMTC wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:40 am I disconnected the battery and put the terminals together to reset everything in the hope the Satnav will stat working again.

It started raining and as a reflex action I shut the boot. The problem now is there is no way of opening it. The battery is disconnected but the terminals are touching so I can't even put power in via the points under the bonnet to relase the lock.
I’m wondering why you put the battery terminals together? A system reset is done by simply disconnecting the battery positive terminal (easier than the negative) for a few minutes before reconnecting it.
2016MY V6S Coupe RWD Auto 380PS Supercharged
Rhodium Silver
Panoramic Glass Roof
Sports Seats (heated) in Jet Leather
Seat Memory Pack 2 (14x14 way)
Powered Tailgate (open & close)
Reverse Park Camera with Guidance
Front Parking Aid

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post