Car thefts - securing your F-Type

Anything F-Type related......
davidls

Post by davidls »

Why not just fit a Ghost II or Ghost Pro? Won’t be going anywhere unless on the back of a tow-truck.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.

Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

davidls wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:27 am Why not just fit a Ghost II or Ghost Pro? Won’t be going anywhere unless on the back of a tow-truck.
Ghost ll fitted to mine only trouble I see is it locks gearbox so engine will start cuts out of code not input before putting in D / R had to be this way if I wanted remote start to work 🤷🏻‍♂️
As others have said if they really want the car they will take it somehow however I do like the idea of “visual” deterrent
P450 Firenze Red 8-) MY 2022/23 no mods yet ;)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

davidls wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:27 am Why not just fit a Ghost II or Ghost Pro? Won’t be going anywhere unless on the back of a tow-truck.
I think this has been well covered in previous threads and I for one am a strong supporter of them having had several fitted on my current and former cars.
Fully agree that with one installed the car needs moving on a trailer.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
CSGMART

Post by CSGMART »

I use one of these on mine and whilst it would be possible for a determined thief to overcome it the more casual thief is likely to move on to another car in preference.

DISKLOK.jpg

2018 V6 (380) F Type Convertible
Yulong White / Black Roof / Black Vents
Gyrodyne Wheels
Kev

Post by Kev »

pirateprentice wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:53 amThe wildebeest doesn't have to out-run the lion, it only has to out-run one other wildebeest
Were these wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain?
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
pirateprentice

Post by pirateprentice »

Sydney Opera House.
MY21 P300 Coupe in British Racing Green with black-pack
davidls

Post by davidls »

cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:11 pm
I think this has been well covered in previous threads and I for one am a strong supporter of them having had several fitted on my current and former cars.
I can’t recall, did you have the little stickers displayed or, did you leave them off?
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

davidls wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:12 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:11 pm
I can’t recall, did you have the little stickers displayed or, did you leave them off?
No stickers - pointless telling them what to go hunting for. Just assume theft failed and move on
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
davidls

Post by davidls »

A very fair point.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Btw does anyone know where all those cars stolen in the UK usually go if they aren't sold in the UK?

I mean there aren't that many other parts of the world where people drive on the wrong side of the road and most of them are quite far away from the UK so shipping the cars to an RHD market must be a bit of a challenge. I guess there are remnants of the Soviet union and places in Africa where people don't care too much about if the steering wheel is on the wrong side and the speedo uses some odd units. ;)
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post