Car thefts - securing your F-Type

Anything F-Type related......
davidls

Post by davidls »

Could be anywhere I guess. Weren’t the RR going to the Middle East or Africa? Certainly with my MY21 you can change the headlights to a right hand drive pattern and also the mph to kph so it would only be the steering wheel in an inconvenient position.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

davidls wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:04 am Could be anywhere I guess. Weren’t the RR going to the Middle East or Africa? Certainly with my MY21 you can change the headlights to a right hand drive pattern and also the mph to kph so it would only be the steering wheel in an inconvenient position.
A few years ago I was working out of Beirut. You could see the docks stacked with UK cars mostly 4x4 style. No attempt to even hide them once off loaded out of containers. Not sure if that’s still a destination, but clearly a good market, with a strong underworld and bribery to make it all work.
Many countries in East Africa are RHD.

I’m sure as many or more as exported are chopped for parts which can move freely into the repair sector.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MajorTom wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:22 pm Btw does anyone know where all those cars stolen in the UK usually go if they aren't sold in the UK?
There are 76 possible destinations

IMG_1660.jpeg

MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Has anyone tried taking the OBD port out and replacing it with a dud one? If OBD port attacks are possible on these then having a fake obd port with the real one tucked up in behind would work a treat?
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
stickshift steve

Post by stickshift steve »

I saw a picture of someone's obd recently online where they had just removed the obd socket from its holder and put a padlock over the obd socket front face . Dirt cheap and effective but unfortunately I can't find the image.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post