Insurance gouge - here we go again...

Anything F-Type related......
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Sorry, annual moan about insurance

Last year £660, this year renewal comes in at £1,040.

Comparison site offers £775 with other provider.

Anybody know any other secret sources of insurance ?

50+ years old
12 years no claims
Clean license 25 years+
Live in a decent area
v6 2018

davidls

Post by davidls »

I called Adrian Flux the other day for my daughter, they got her an outstanding quote (although I have seen a few complaints on here about them). You should always try a broker as well as the comparison sites and direct. The broker can sometimes get a good deal. Keith Michaels is also worth a try.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
Duvetday

Post by Duvetday »

Good ideas
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Easy, but tiresome:
Year 1 - comparaison site and select a good policy at a great price.
Year 2 - complain about the inevitable price hike and get a good discount
Year 3 - no discount deal from existing provider as they tried hard in year 2, so back to year 1 and start again with different company.

Same routine on several cars, buildings, contents, travel ins and more…
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Kev

Post by Kev »

A subtle tweak to your job title (if you happen to still be gainfully employed) can help followed by the usual trawl of comparison sites and the hilarity of entering your details into a provider who aren’t on the comparison sites only to be told they don’t insure that type of car. Makes me want to launch my collection of scatter cushions at the monitor

The hikes have been caused by quite a few factors; supply chain issues, price increases of raw materials, employees wanting pay rises along the chain, the actual cost of repairs because of the complexity of modern cars, etc.
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Use this website to see how much different job titles affect premiums. For example if you are an administrator and pay £500 a year, you could be creative and go for Clerical Officer which would only be £369 a year. Where as an Administration Assistant would be £601.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insur ... ob-picker/

Massive potential differences.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Kev wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:03 pm A subtle tweak to your job title (if you happen to still be gainfully employed) can help followed by the usual trawl of comparison sites and the hilarity of entering your details into a provider who aren’t on the comparison sites only to be told they don’t insure that type of car. Makes me want to launch my collection of scatter cushions at the monitor
This works every time. My actual job title is never on there, so I always go with some variation of engineer and it's surprising how big a difference it can make from one type of engineer to another.

Out of interest I did just check mine again and it's jumped nearly £200 in a month. I checked about a month ago after I thought a mobile speed van might of caught me and wanted to see what the cost change might be with a speeding offense. Not sure why there has been another sudden jump.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
munchie

Post by munchie »

Word of warning if you are using comparison sites and have them stored, ie you have an account, and you chop and change job titles these details are accessible to the insurer. They may ask you for proof of your job title on your contract of employment.

I had a quote for a modded car last year as I was thinking about it, this year I was asked to provide photos to my new insurer to demonstrate there were no mod to the car. I asked them where this was coming from and they said they receive all information of car insurance searches I had done on the comparison site.
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

I got the best quote from the JEC insurance.
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

munchie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:01 pm Word of warning if you are using comparison sites and have them stored, ie you have an account, and you chop and change job titles these details are accessible to the insurer. They may ask you for proof of your job title on your contract of employment.

I had a quote for a modded car last year as I was thinking about it, this year I was asked to provide photos to my new insurer to demonstrate there were no mod to the car. I asked them where this was coming from and they said they receive all information of car insurance searches I had done on the comparison site.
I use a false name, burner email address, DOB out by a week and postal address down the road for the comparison, then redo with correct details when I've chosen.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post