C-Tek battery conditioner

Anything F-Type related......
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Hi, so I am new to this forum as I have just placed a deposit on a 2019 F Type 3.0S Chequered Flag edition which I should be collecting in the next couple of weeks.

Just a question about the C-Tek battery conditioners/chargers.

I have used these in the past but just wanted to make sure I bought the right one that is suitable for the F Type so if anybody has one of these or any experience of them, I would appreciate a bit of advice please.

Cheers

Andrew

Madlil

Post by Madlil »

Congrats on the purchase! I use a Ctek MXS 5 and attach it with the normal crocodile clips to the charging points under the bonnet. There’s just enough room to close the bonnet and leave the car locked on charge. Works a treat.
2019 F Type Convertible P380 AWD Indus Silver
2023 Tesla Model Y
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MXS 5 is the one, you can fit a comfort connector directly in the boot, take a look at this thread for lots of information.

viewtopic.php?t=4459
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Madlil

Post by Madlil »

MikeM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:47 pm MXS 5 is the one, you can fit a comfort connector directly in the boot, take a look at this thread for lots of information.

viewtopic.php?t=4459
Every day is a school day - will do this tomorrow, thanks for the info Mike.

Is there enough give in the boot seal to close the boot onto the cable or does everyone leave the boot ajar?
2023 Tesla Model Y
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Madlil wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:07 pm
MikeM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:47 pm MXS 5 is the one, you can fit a comfort connector directly in the boot, take a look at this thread for lots of information.

viewtopic.php?t=4459

Is there enough give in the boot seal to close the boot onto the cable or does everyone leave the boot ajar?
Just need to ensure the CTEK extension cable is laying flat and away from any obvious restrictions and let the boot close as normal.
Madlil

Post by Madlil »

MikeM wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:14 pm
Madlil wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:07 pm

viewtopic.php?t=4459

Just need to ensure the CTEK extension cable is laying flat and away from any obvious restrictions and let the boot close as normal.
Perfect thank you
2023 Tesla Model Y
scm

Post by scm »

Madlil wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:07 pm Is there enough give in the boot seal to close the boot onto the cable or does everyone leave the boot ajar?
I charge mine out on my drive and put the extension mains cable through the boot - never had any seal issues with the 10A cable being clamped.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

Me too - no problem closing boot on cable.
Incidentally how often do people plug their cars in?
I tend to think if I use my car at least once a fortnight and drive the car for at least 30-40 minutes then battery doesn’t need a boost very often but maybe a different approach is better to optimise the life of the battery?
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Tend to use mine at least once a week, often just a half hour run and really only use a CTEK during Winter when the car is covered most of the time. The car/ battery is only three years old so no issues at this stage. I have a much older car which is little used, garaged and permanently connected to a CTEK. I changed the battery on it last year as the one I removed was twelve years old but really it was still operating perfectly but didn’t want to risk a potential catastrophic failure.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Thanks for all the replies guys; ordered an MXS 5 so it should be here by the time I collect the car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post